cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2700HGV and Static IP Addresses

johnhemming
I have purchased the Static IP addresses and am trying to get the router to connect to the net so that I can use the Static IP addresses.

The router connects to the net if I use DHCP to get an IP address for the router.  THe IP address I get, however, is not within the range of static IP addresses.  (It is even on a different Class B network at times)

If I configure the router and put in one of the given static ip addresses it forces the subnet-mask to 255.255.255.255 even if I put in 255.255.255.240 and whether I put in the number I have been given for the network or the router it fails to connect to the Net.

I have tried tracing a route to the static IP addresses from elsewhere on the public internet and they do seem to be getting to the right area (which is a mixture of Class C addresses) although one got into a routing loop.

It seems that a possible cause of this is bad routing in the BT network, but I have tried using the online chat and been promised a phone call back.  I have emailed BT and phoned as well as chat.

Help!

0 REPLIES 0