cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Broadband - Unhappy Business User

DKSConsult

As a regular BT Broadband business user it is with disappointment that I have to have a grumble about them.  We lost the life-line to our business (our broadband connection) yesterday at 10am and I feel that I have been "on hold" ever since !!  Upon ringing them to try and find our what the problem was I was told there was an error and that there had been a "cessation" put on our line as we were changing our provider - News to Me !! as we had not instigated anything of the sort.  Having spoken to to several people and done the nomal being passed from pillar to post.......painful process as we all know. The BT bods are full of apologies but we are no further forward, still not connected and are now being told that it might be at least 24 hours until we are connected again !!!!  Simply not good enough BT !!!

Why is it that they mistakenly cut us off very quickly indeed but that they cannot reverse the process without the painful protracted telecons, listening to excuse after excuse and having been on hold for an eternity and on 2 occassions cut off while on hold........and yes having to ring up again, go through the same procedure of giving them the details again before yet again being put on hold again !!!! To say that we as company are disappointed with the sevice is a very large understatement !!!! And our Saga continues

5 REPLIES 5

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

While I can totally sympathise with your situation, the one question that springs to mind is this:

If your broadband connection is your 'life-line', then why don't you have a backup, either as a second BB line or as mobile broadband (or even just mobile Internet of some description)?

Just curious.

Dave A

cliveh

never rely on any ADSL BB service, agree that a backup solution e.g. 3G would benefit your organisation in the future.

DKSConsult

Yes we have 3G and our laptops are fine using a wireless connection but you miss the point of my moan/question why does it take 2mins to mistakenly cut us off and then we won't get our connection back until Monday !!!  They mistakenly have our line down as changing to BSkyB apparently - now there's a thought !!!

nayan007
Super User

Hi,

It is better to get in touch with the technical support team,they will help you out with their best possible ways

MHC
Guru

Are you sure that it is totally BT's fault?

It is quite easy to be "slammed"   BT processes try to guard against it but still unscrupulous indiuviduals find ways around it.  

Once it is resolved - get BT to explain how the change of provider was put against your line.