cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Infinity package - Maximum download speeds of 4 meg since June 27

wadeonia

Dear BT,

I had Fibreoptic Infinity for business (option two) Broadband installed at my property in November 2011 and the estimated speeds stipulated by BT were as follows:

Downloads - 30000kbps

Uploads - 12300kbps

For a few months the service worked fine and download speeds were often around the 36000kbps mark.

However in June 2012, speeds began to drop to around 10 meg and then to 7 meg for downloads.

On June 27, I raised the issue with BT, which resulted in subsequent tests carried out by engineers outside the property. I was then informed that further tests inside the property were required. At the end of July, an engineer visited the premises and found that the speeds had been capped, hence he upped the cap limit and replaced the router. Speeds then ran at 36 meg for a few days. A telephone operative advised me that BT would contact me regarding the service and the subject of 'goodwill' could be raised due to the inferior service performance since June.

Throughout August, speeds have dropped to around 4 meg for downloads and after using BT's official test site I discovered that download speeds had been capped to just over 4 meg. Note that following the engineer visit in July, speeds had been 4 meg or downloads, even when the cap stated a 60 meg limit.

On August 20, I contacted a BT operative again regarding the fault and he said tests would be carried out on the line and feedback would be provided within 48 hours. On Friday, I received a note stating that an engineer had visited my property and i'd need to contact BT to book another appointment, despite the fact that no feedback has yet been provided and no engineer visit had been booked!

Please note that the reception on my phone line crackles when making and receiving phone calls and BT were notified of this issue too at the end of July.

I'm currently still paying full price for the service, yet it remains at 13.3% of the estimated download speed for the line. I've been searching the contract terms to determine what is the minimum speed BT is contracted to provide for the Infinity option 2 Fibreoptic broadband package, but the small print and terms appear ambiguous.

Please advise if it would be possible to rectify the service issues for this fault or do I simply have to tolerate a four meg download speed for the remainder of my contract whilst paying £90 per quarter for the service? Finally, will any goodwill or remuneration be forthcoming?

Regards,

C Wade

BT Infinity customer

0 REPLIES 0