cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Infinity roll-out in Skellingthorpe, Lincoln.

Nikon

As many have experienced in other areas, my roll-out of Infinity service that was initially planned to be available on 31st Dec 2011 has been constantly delayed each quarter. The area of central Skellingthorpe, (LN65T*) is serviced by a cabinet P22, which is already active, and has been for several months. This is very close, (150 meters) to a housing estate (200 homes) serviced by cabinet P55 which is yet to be made available. P55 would theoretically be the cabinet I and the other 200 customers would be connected. It is strange that despite 2/3 of the village being enabled, of a population of 4000  that BT did not complete the full roll-out in the first phase, as I’m sure the sign-up of the remaining premises would have been high due to no other cable service available.

Cabinet P55 needs some ground work to become fully Infinity activated, and this is planned to be completed by 31st September, unfortunately as we know these dates often slip for whatever reason and have done on numerous occasions.

I have it on very good authority that cabinet P22 and P55 have a direct link to each other already, and as such I “could” get BT Infinity activated using this link as is today. Unfortunately the BT Wholesale line-checker used by the sales team and online ordering only recognises “fully active” cabinets, and so as such the order cannot be processed at this time and so no work order to BT Openreach can be issued.

If I “can” get a work slot arranged somehow, BT Openreach could activate my line within 2 hours. My question is, how do I get a work order raised to allocate an Openreach engineer to enable my service using the cabinet link, without using the automated availability service which is “blind” to this link?

I am a BT Business customer and desperately need to get a faster and stable connection to what I have today.

Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

The problem is that the upgrading of cabinets is in the hands of BT Openreach, rather than ISPs like BT Business.

You can try contacting Openreach through their website, where they have the following page on the rollout of fibre:

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

Dave

daempii

What is the different since both are in the same company? What does BT Openreach and BT Business have in common?

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

BT is a group of companies, not one big one.

Dave

Nikon

Activation pushed out yet again, this time Dec 31st 2012. This won't happen either I suspect, as I understand that in reality my cabinet PCP55 is not actually on the Birchwood roll-out list. How does one find out the real reason for this? Is it planning restrictions, costs, ROI?

I would consider subsidising the costs myself, but I have no actual person to contact! It really is a poor state of affairs with this Openreach roll-out. The inconsistencies are mind-boggling. Come on Openreach, give us a real contact number so we understand the theory behind the madness!!

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Go to the contact link on http://www.btwholesale.com.

Dave

Nikon

After many years waiting, it appears that cabinet 55 has now had the fibre installed and AFAIK is powered. The line checker is still showing Dec 14 as activation time. How long should it take from cabinet install to Accepting orders?

Plumly
Grand Master

Hi Nikon,

no one on this Forum is going to be able to answer this for you, (only base their answer on personal experiance)  BT openreach and the Local Goverment are working together to enable fibre in the area,

i found that my PCP was installed and turned on nearly 4 months before i could order, why was this i don't know but it was the case