cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Versatility - Auto Attendant vs Courtesy Service

paul_epton

Hi,

Please can you help me.  I want to set up a message so that when someone calls in they automatically hear a brief personalised message thanking them for calling and then they hear the 'ring ring' tone. So far I've tried a couple of ways but each are not perfect.  The first was to use the Auto attendant service, which is great for setting up the brief message, but annoyingly there is a 5 second pause afterwards and then a voice saying 'thank you for calling, please hold the line and your call will be answered shortly'. Is there any way of getting rid of this time delay and the voice? The courtesy service also allows you to record a message which incoming callers can hear, but unfortunately the ringing is still going on in the background, so the message always gets cut off halfway though when the phone is answered.  Is there anyway of having the message come on and the ringing start after the message has finished playing?

Thanks,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2

Alun
Master User

Hi Paul,

When using Auto Attendant the way to overcome the 5 second delay is to invite the caller to dial ' 0 '.
To have ring tone returned after the Auto Attendant has routed a call to a free extension / group the system needs to be running Software version 677 or later.
When using Courtesy service there is no way to have the ringing to start after the Courtesy Service message has finished.
Hope this helps,
Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator
Regards,

Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

KarlosMudd

Hi,

i have a BT Versatility setup and we want a courtesy service style greeting but we have out own recorded one that plays when people are put on hold how would i make it so if the phone isnt answered after a few rings it drops into this message ( like courtesy call does) but i want it to be our own message not the default one.

thanks