cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband back but static IP changed.

ambriel

As with a good proportion of the country, our business broadband went down today.

Fortunately it returned after a few hours however the static IP address that we're paying extra for hasn't come back and the router is now showing a different IP address.

Has this happened to anyone else?

We need this static IP address in order that remote systems can connect to our servers and upload data throughout the day and night.

The BT support line is predicting wait times of ~2 hrs and, surprise-surprise, isn't offering a call-back. The online fault reporting system crashes out with an error at the last hurdle (natch!)

I'm loath to go to the all the trouble of going round and re-configuring the remote systems if the IP address is going to change again. I'd much rather it went back to what it was before - that is, after all, what I'm paying extra for.

Hopefully I'll be able to get hold of a support droid at some time in the not too distant future who will be able to sort the mess out, but I'm not hopeful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MHC
Guru

You probably reconnected automatically as parts of the problem were restored.

I woud suggest, going into the router and go to DIAGNOSTICS,  then RESETS.

Try   Reset IP/PPP    and see if that resolves it, or if not   Reset Broadband

If that fails, turn off the router  and disconnect the phone cableWait for 15 minutes and then power up,  when te lights are stable, 2 or 3 minutes reconnect the phone cable

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MHC
Guru

You probably reconnected automatically as parts of the problem were restored.

I woud suggest, going into the router and go to DIAGNOSTICS,  then RESETS.

Try   Reset IP/PPP    and see if that resolves it, or if not   Reset Broadband

If that fails, turn off the router  and disconnect the phone cableWait for 15 minutes and then power up,  when te lights are stable, 2 or 3 minutes reconnect the phone cable

JohnE
Guru

A simple Powercycle of the router should do the trick.  Good advice from MHC, though, it pays to be thorough and methodical.  Once you do this, you should be allocated your regular IP address.

Some users with static IP addresses may find that they can't login to the service at all.  In this case, the following details should be used:

Username: bt_test_user@hgxx@btclick.com  (Where "xx" is the number after the "hg" in your regular login)

Password (If your router requires one): adsl

Allow it to connect and when it does, disconnect and then try your regular login details.  If you need any help with this, or if it doesn't work, then Contact Us

I am very sorry about the outage yesterday.  With such a major incident, the helpdesk was inundated.  In circumstances such as this we rely on the service status line: 0800 169 0199 or online on the Service Status Updates page in order to update customers.

buscon

We have a similar problem, broadband went off at around 2pm yesterday finally came back on around 5pm but no static ip's mapped. Then a couple of hours later it went down again.

On checking the 2Wire box we found that it had reverted to a standard configuration, previously we had this set as a basic Modem with Routing disabled so all ip's would be passed to the Firewall behind BT's box.

Tried to call the 0800 800 154 number but just reported problems in three Southern areas, so tried the helpdesk but no answer, tried online chat waited from position 92 to zero only to be told by Chris D that BT were working on Broadband issues call 0800 800 154 for more info, chat closed, very helpful !!!

This morning we still have no connectivity and the BT box keeps restarting with settings changing at 9:30am it picked up green-light@service.btclick.com and lost our userid/password!

It's very concerning that settings are changing on this box without our authourisation and that we have no idea when this will be resolved , obviously the 2hrs has passed since yesterday.

Please could you investigate issues on the 01925 exchange and update your service status to reflect this.

huntjpj

Same here - all our remote stuff stopped working, iphones, ipads & blackberry's.

Our IT has just reset our servers and waiting to see if it works.

Well done BT and I would like to know why BT saw fit to change our static IP with out telling us in advance or without our express consent and adequate notice?

Can't be bother to wait their 2 hour waiting time on the phone to get an answer.