cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Domain TXT Records (SPF)

Margate-Steve

How do you edit your domain DNS TXT record ti add Google verification code for Webmaster Tools?

I followed instructions given by the second level technical support and 36 hours later it is still not showing.

2 REPLIES 2

JamesL

Hi Margaret,

1. Sign in to Manage service as the primary user of the account.
  2. In the Domains section, click on the Manage your domain name. The BT Domains Centre opens with the Domain Maintenance page.
  3. Click on manage next to the domain name you wish to alter (all of your BT Business Domain Names will be listed here).
  4. Select Advanced Domain Manager from the left hand menu.

once in there you can select from the first Drop down a TXT Record, Enter the Values that google have given you, Scroll to the bottom and click Save,

this will add the txt record, It might now show stright away so give it an hour or so then it should be visible by doing a DNS lookup,

thanks

James

Margate-Steve

Hi James, I tried this and it did not work and I tried it twice over 48 hours.

I even got confirmation mail from the BT server to acknowledge the TXT changes, but an hour or two later the entry dissapeared.

I did get the Google site verification working by using the 'HTML' option on the WebMaster tools page and I uploaded the html file into the 'Public' folder of my site. Google found it 2 minutes later and succesfully verified the site.

Job Done.