cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please - using pay-as-you-go broadband?

JKHypno

Hi all

I run a small business from home and had my own website. I was (am stil, at presentl) using a residential line. BT Websites contacted me and talked me into having a new website designed and hosted by BT. As my existing website wasn't really pulling in the clients, despite being easy to find on page 1 of Google, using obvious keywords, I decided to let BT do it (I discovered it's actually a company called RSTO Ltd). The BT/RSTO sales person suggested that I would save money by changing to a business line with business broadband. My 2Wire router arrived and I replaced my BT Homehub when advised to do so. I now appear to be on a pay-as-you-go tariff which is certainly not suitable for us, as my daughter and I are both heavy broadband users. How do we get charged? Is it for downloading, downloading and browsing, everything? My Skype is contantly connected. Help please. I am having a nightmare trying to sort things with BT, who have really messed a whole lot more than I am telling about on here.

1 REPLY 1

MHC
Guru

Pay-as-you-go !    Not with BT.

What you may have is a usage plan which means that as you go over the monthly allowance (10GB) you will be charged for every GB extra.

Go through to Broadband sales and a tell them you want to move to the unlimited product:

http://business.bt.com/broadband-and-internet/internet-access/broadband/unlimited/?s_intcid=btb_intb...

BT will normally release you from te existing contract and put you on a new one with either teh same end date or 18/24 months from the start.

It should be an easy process.