cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable UPNP in my BT Business Broadband Hub

tedczt

Hello,

I have just purchased an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 which allows you to create a personal Cloud.

To allow access to remote users it requires the Hub to have UPNP enabled. How do I do this on my recently purchased BT HUB? 

The iomega software is ctating that this is not enabled at present with following error:- 

"Your network router could not be configured to enable or disable remote access. This can occur when your router does not have UPnP enabled or the required port cannot be opened or closed."

Please advise

Many thanks

Ted (Based In UK)

7 REPLIES 7

danhague
Power User

uPnP can't be enabled on the Business Hub. You need to do it manually. You need portforwarding to do this. Go to Settings> Firewall> Allow Applications, Pinholes and DMZ Mode.

Scroll down to below the list of applications and click "Add a new user defined application". Good luck.

tedczt

Hi when you say go to Go to Settings> Firewall> Allow Applications, Pinholes and DMZ Mode. 

are these settings  in the BT HUB software somewhere??

tedczt

Hi I need to logon to by Broadband Router how do I do this - can anyone help ?

Many thanks 

Ted 

Burkem5
Guru

Hi there this is in the hub settings you can getn there by opening a new browser window and clearing the address bar ( the bit that currently as business.forums.bt.com in it)  then typin in the hub address this is typically 192.168.1.254 or home 

if this asks you for a password then this will be the 12 digit serial number on the back of the router 

enter just the numbers not the letters

Stephenc
Master User

Hi Ted,

It sounds like you are using a 2wire BT router?  If so, it does not support UPnP, however you can open the ports manually from the allow applications pinholes and DMZ mode.

The newer BT router (hub 3) does support UPnP.

Thanks,

Steve

poster_boy

My BT Business Hub appears to be the 507.

Is this one of the ones that supports UPnP or not?

If not, where can I find more detailed instructions on how to allow my device (a qnap NAS) to be accessed remotely?

Thanks

Burkem5
Guru

HI Poster_boy

I am guessing thats the 2700/2701 router (this will be silver and black) 

i have done a bit of googling and can see the ports we need are as follows 

NAS Services      Default Port

Web-based system management            8080

FTP         21

Passive FTP         55536~56559

Web Server        80

Download Station (BitTorrent download)              6881-6999

Remote replication (Rsync)         873

Telnet   13131

SSH        22

SSL         443

SMTP    25