cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my SSID?

hafstad
I am using BT Home Hub for my broad band connection and trying to configure the wireless connection of a PC running Fedora. The Fedora menu when setting up the Belkin wirless card asks for the SSID name of the home network. When I open the BT Hub using my Wins XP PC it doesn't seem to have anything called an SSID.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alastair
Grand Guru

4 places

1 - on the hub itself on i sticker underneath the hub

2 - on a businesscards that comes in the box

3 - "view available wireless networks" or "site monitor" shows a network name of BThomeHUB-XXX

4 - plug into the hub using ethernet, go to the GUI in internet explorer or other browser by typing in 192.168.1.254 or home, press enter. look for the wireless settings area. not sure where it is. will be under network or wireless or something

Message Edited by alastair on 06-04-2009 05:23 PM
=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

alastair
Grand Guru

4 places

1 - on the hub itself on i sticker underneath the hub

2 - on a businesscards that comes in the box

3 - "view available wireless networks" or "site monitor" shows a network name of BThomeHUB-XXX

4 - plug into the hub using ethernet, go to the GUI in internet explorer or other browser by typing in 192.168.1.254 or home, press enter. look for the wireless settings area. not sure where it is. will be under network or wireless or something

Message Edited by alastair on 06-04-2009 05:23 PM

hafstad
Thanks - found it. Now to try and configure my newly installed Fedora 10 to work with the wirelesscard. Wish me luck!

alastair
Grand Guru

good luck 🙂