cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you use Content Screening please read this.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi all,

As part of the question about Content Screening I need to find out the make and model of the router you're using it on.

If you could also include the firmware version, which you can find on the router summary page, then that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

26 REPLIES 26

whiller123
Super User

@engineer

I tried one exactly the same version last week & content screening not even in the menu. I posted earlier in this thread

Are you running two of these now then? I wonder why yours has it & mine does not.

Rob

EDIT

My 2701 was an unused one, been in my office for ages never been opened had it in car as a swap-out, same firmware though.

Engineer

whiller123

I got this one for a friend off e-bay new and sealed set it up in the week but no content screening. Went to set up a printer today and the screening option is now there he dont use it but it is there. I also tried it and it works

Some thing has updated but the firmware version says it is unchanged . leave yours connected I bet it will update.

bombinho
Super User

I am not sure if that has to do with the CS but I had to reboot my router today again. After 3 days again it became terribly slow and finally I could not even access the web interface anymore. But at least after pulling the plug I do now get attacks registered in the logs again. It seemed all too quite over the last days with nothing coming in at all.

whiller123
Super User

@bombinho

Burning the midnight oil again?

Sounds like your device has become a bit wobbly, (about 10 quid on Ebay) that said I re-boot all mine at least daily apart from the couple I have with static IP's.

I can't understand how this handful of IP's address keep finding my routers despite my IP address refreshed daily. I have switched my Pub back to open DNS & the logs show this morning just a few random entries.

@engineer

Correct!  I have content screening now in the menu of the 2701 that did not have it yesterday, the firmware however is still showing as  6.3.9.41-plus.tm which is not the latest.

Rob

bombinho
Super User

When it comes to routers I am pretty well equipped. It became funny a few times when I had problems with my connection and the engineer suggested a faulty router. Having tried other router/modems already as a standard procedure I then usually offered to connect the router of his choice so he can test it with that ;). But I would struggle nowadays as I have neither the BH3 nor the HH3. But If the router would be the problem I still got one that never seen daylight before.

But then again, getting them in as well would put strain on my marriage as the wife would lose faith that I love her more than routers.

But I think I am much more down to earth than her. When I open my cupboard in the morning you will never hear me "What router am I using today?" Or "Oh, I have not enough routers". When she opens her cupboard its always "I need to go shopping,..."

Reboots in general do only happen at updates or if something goes wrong. As with the router twice now. I will watch that.

There is no obvious traffic into the network that could indicate a problem, lets see and monitor.

whiller123
Super User

@bombinho

My wife has the same hobby she can also multi-task she can shop & moan at the same time.

You are lucky not having a BH3

Rob

KeithB

Model: BT2700HGV

Hardware Version: 2701-100589-005

Firmware Version 6.3.9.63-plus.tm

... and its working again at last. Thanks.

KeithB