cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for people left high and dry by the telecommunications giant that is called BT.

laldog

Hi all first post here and i am afraid it is of a negative nature as i have been let down by BT and the time has come when action has to be taken.

I ordered a BT line/broadband package as i was moving my Garage business down the road(all of 200 yards). After weeks of late nights,early starts and working weekends,spending a fortune on flyers and adverts in the local paper everything slotted into place,except one thing,and i know i may be a simple mechanic but the one thing that was missing i feel was rather important,yes the phone line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told in fairness that the line may take,and i quote here " a couple of days" to go live after my move date. that would not be a problem. 3 weeks!!!!!! yup 3 weeks without a phoneline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What makes it worse was the fact that BT could not be contacted about this. I got stuck in an automated system that did nothing but frustrate me.

I then tried to register a complaint,ha have you tried? I had to contact BT on numerous occasions just to get a form sent out. This from what is supposed to be a giant in communication!

So it is now in the hands of my Solicitor and i am looking to get out of my contract as in my opinion BT were in breach of contract. I was also told my bills would be "similar to what i was paying my previous supplier". Well the truth is my bills have gone up four fold??????????

I would like anyone who has been put in a similar situation to let me know as BT have said that this rarely happens and that i have been unfortunate.

The problem i have is not one person/contact will stand up and take responsibility and this has left me so dis heartened and frustrated.

Sorry for the long post but this gets under your skin after so long.

I provide the best service i can for my customers and i judge companies and suppliers i use not when things run smoothly but on how they handle problems,on this matter so far i am afraid i would not rate BT in a favorable light.

Thanks for reading        Paul Robbie Motor Services.

1 REPLY 1

Alun
Master User

Hi laldog,

Sorry to read about this. Are you still having problems with this. If so, can you Private Message me with all details of you order account? Thank you.

Regards,

Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.