cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of speed after line upgrade.

tarren

On the 28th of this month my line was upgraded, and I quote.

"At BT, we are committed to giving our customers the best levels of service and that includes the speed of your broadband connection. We have invested in a new broadband network that will help us offer faster speeds and we will be transferring your BT Business Total Broadband service on 016********8 over to the new network on 28/08/2012"

On the morning of the 29th speeds did increase from a rock steady 6megs up to around 8.5megs. but during the afternoon the speed decreased to a miserable 2 megs and have stayed that way since. I use a Billion Bipac 2300N router which is ADSL2+ capable.

Is there an explanation as to why this might be?

4 REPLIES 4

tarren

I turned off the power to my router for 5 minutes and everything now seems OK, speeds now between 12\13megs,very very pleased with BT, long may it continue.

tarren

Unfortunatly, things are going from bad to worse, speed down to below 1meg most of the time, but losing sync with the exchange many many times during the day. so, what do I need to do now if anything.

MHC
Guru

Call Tech Support and let them work through it.   Give them remote access to your PC and they will be able to run various tests and see exactly what is happening.

tarren

Thank you MHC, probably the best way to go, just so disappointing after the improvement in speed. Will let you all know if I get it sorted. Thanks to everyone again.