cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving office and house whats the best method?

cmd1980

HI

I am purchasing a live/ work property meaning it has a designated office. I currently rent an office and it has a BT business line. My home currently has a residential line and BT broadband option 3.

I would also like a 3rd line installed for the property (it currently has 2)

What is the best method of switching over my existing services. Should I merge everything onto one account?

C Dixon

2 REPLIES 2

CFM

Hi,

For service level agreements/ response times etc, it's best to have the services which are critical on a business account but residential is less expensive.

The first thing I would check is whether your numbers are compatible with the new property as if it's on a different exchange you won't be able to move them and would need to set up a redirect or move them to a different service, such as VoIP (on a BT Business Broadband). I would also look into whether BT Infinity is available.

If everything at the new property is going to be on a business account you can have them all on a BT Onebill but you can't include residential services in this.

I would recommend Featureline Compact for your business as it offers a lot more functionality than a standard line and whilst it costs more in rental, you can have it installed for free if you agree to a free BT call plan (which will give you 500 UK and international landline minutes at no cost) and a five year contract.

Hope this helps.

MHC
Guru

There are many questions which only you can really answers.   Some points and questions for you to consider.

How many physical lines do you actually need?

Have you considered a VOIP number for one or more?     I moved one of my PSTN numbers to a BT Broadband VOIP service and everything is fine.  

You will not get everything on one bill - unless you convert your residential number to a business line which will result in higher charges.

I would suggest that you get your broadband onto a business service - the response time is a lot better and is key if you are reliant on the connection.