cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy regarding hosting websites on Infinity?

Ixel
Power User

Given I have Infinity with an upload sync of 20,000 kilobits, I would like to host some websites on my home server. I have five static IP's so that's not a problem either.

My question however is, what is BT Business's policy regarding any website I host which may inadvertently be in violation of my terms of service and of course theirs (for example, the website owner may have uploaded content which could be in violation of DMCA)?

On my current dedicated server hosted in France, which I want to scrap soon if I can safely host from home, the provider usually sends me an email informing me of the website in violation and gives me around 24 hours to resolve the issue and inform them of resolution. With BT, the last thing I'd want is to find my FTTC service suddenly suspended or terminated without any time to resolve the violation (in other words, no notification giving me something like 12-24 hours), so I'm hoping it's a similar process.

Could anyone advise? Or perhaps a BT employee on this forum even. While I wait for a response I'll continue copying the webhosting accounts over. If I can host from home it would save me a bit of money and make my home server more useful.

10 REPLIES 10

Ixel
Power User

I see, thanks. To stay on the safe side I will try and setup a VPN connection for the webserver, incase BT decided they would immediately terminate the account without warning and chance to ammend the problem. Thanks anyway.