cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2700HGV and Static IP Addresses

johnhemming
I have done some work since my original post and have reinstated DHCP as the way for the router to get its IP address from BT.   However, NAT does not work because the IP address allocated to the NAT function is wrong and hence cannot be used to allocate IP addresses on the EDit Addresses function.

I have, therefore, set up static IP addresses on the devices themselves and put in  a default gateway and DNS address of the router address (*.*.*.110 in this instance).

This creates a problem with the firewall as devices are not recognised unless an address is allocated using DHCP so I cleared down the firewall and got new names for the devices.

Then I changed the devices to Static IP addresses, but the system has not recognised the new addresses so I cannot configure the firewall.  I have changed the default DHCP lease time from 24 hours to 1 hour and am hoping that this will speed up the refresh of the IP address which I presume is how the firewall does its firewalling.

With a bit of luck this might work.

It would be helpful if BT had a web page that explained how to do this written by someone who has done it as it is taking me a vast amount of my personal time to get things to work.

0 REPLIES 0