cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BT Connect to BT Connect email VERY slow to deliver on SAME DOMAIN?!

MickyRicky

I'm having the same problem today -  in addition- our Scottish office was without any braodband link at all for 10 days in October, six in March, 10 last Christmas. I've had enough and am voting with my wallet so when the contract is due for renewal I will be off.

BT have in my view neatly devolved responsibility by hiving off the main network to BT Open Reach - a separate company which has responsibility for the cables and infrastructure which immediately adds 24 hours to a repair  unless you want to pay sky high prices. Of course is the delay is with Openreach then it's not BT's fault  - I feel the buck gets passed.

Maybe we should form the broadband/telephone equivalent of www.tripadvisor.com.... howabout www.dontphoneus.com?

MR

1 REPLY 1

JohnE
Guru

Mickyricky,  I've moved your post to it's own thread here on the Broadband and Internet section, since it isn't directly relevant where you posted it.

The main issue of your post is the compartmentalisation of BT.  This is done by Statute, The Competition Act.

Infrastructure services, for example (Openreach with the Phone lines and BT Wholesale for Broadband) must be provided to all Service Providers without let or favour.  In this respect, we are in no different a position than other Broadband or phone service providers, like us, they will need to liaise between Openreach and Wholesale in order to get faults rectified.

I hope this has clarified the situation, I am sorry that you have had difficulty.