cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to a human at BT

welby

Apologies for the tone of my first post, but I am in total dispair!!!Smiley Mad

I am a domestic user and I want to talk to someone about adding an additional line. I don't want to email someone, I dont want to press this number, that number and then another number!

It is making me so mad!

Is there an actual human I can speak to please? If so what is the number I can call?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

steph
Grand Master

Hi Welby,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced in getting an additional line put in.

This is a BT Forum for business customers so I don't think there are many residential customers that come on here to offer support, however there is a BT Residential Forum if you want to check it.

I can confirm that you can also order an additional line online at https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId=CON-14165& which means there is no need to email/call BT if you do not want to.

Kind regards,

Stephanie

BT Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

steph
Grand Master

Hi Welby,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced in getting an additional line put in.

This is a BT Forum for business customers so I don't think there are many residential customers that come on here to offer support, however there is a BT Residential Forum if you want to check it.

I can confirm that you can also order an additional line online at https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId=CON-14165& which means there is no need to email/call BT if you do not want to.

Kind regards,

Stephanie

BT Forum Moderator

astrakhan

hi there, i left bt and was told that i could still use my bt internet email (for a monthly ammount,) as it was my primary email that everyone knows, everything has been ok until recently when i try to log in the message, 'i am sorry but we have been unable to take your payment appears, i have tried contacting bt by email, phone, carrier pidgeon, i go around in circles, the main stumbling block is when i am asked for my telephone number and i am then told that i am not on a bt phone line and thats where it ends, i have tried every phone number that exists to talk to someone about it but to no avail, even going through an operator or directory enquiries just ends up in an automated system which cannot be reasoned with, take my problem, go online and see how far you get................wheres my sedatives.......

RONROLLS

I HAVE SETUP A DIRECT DEBIT FOR MY BROADBAND ACCOUNT ON THE 6 DECEMBER 2012 AND WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE TAKEN O THE 28 DECEMBER 2012. IT APPEARS THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED . YOU CUT OFF MY BROADBAND  CONNECTION ONCE BY MISTAKE IN DECEMBER AND I CANNOT AFFORD FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN. PLEASE CONFIRM THAT THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN A CHECK WHY THE DD WAS NOT TAKEN.

MY BILLING ACCOUNT NUMBER IS WM3895 9169 Q006 QC

REGARDS 

RON ROLLS

tricky610

I have spent the last hour being led a merry dance by an automated service!!

Im stunned that having just left BT with my home phone due to poor service & **bleep** ups i am still having problems in trying to divert a business 0800 number.

Anyone point me in the right direction or send me a link??

tricky610

Had the same problem........................

Complained to a call centre in India - most useful. Told by 2 customer service operatives that a refund of £125.00 - our supposedly free connection charge would be forthcoming - 3rd call & one month later ive been told no refund as not agreed. Do BT record their calls - no chance!!

Do i blame the wife or accuse BT of lieing.................gone to Virgin Media.........no charge.........agreed date of 5th April to change over......guess what. BT dis-connected me!!

Given up & also embarrassed that BT stands for British!!!

Sure i will be an expat by the end of this year.

checkanote_uk

I have had the run around from BT now since Oct 2012, placing the order Nov, with BT to do the work in Jan

Didnt happne as they could not follow simple intructions or talk to anyone. !!!

They messed about from then till mid Feb, so I placed order with Post Office to do work on the 13 March

So then BT raised their own internal order on 6th March with a Mr X at my address and changed the old billing details to his name Mr X  (not trying to hide my name, thats the BT contact name on the new 2 yr contract with Mr X !!!

so now going to go with our friend, a high ranking MP  and her best buddy Mr Cameron himself, along with Local and National newspaper and TV contacts that our friend the MP knows personally, Will now see just how proud BT are of their Great Customer (S)Care and Service.

Absolute bl**dy disgrace,

I have spent, nay wasted so many, many hours per day, and days per week trying to talk with anyone with a little common sense,

That is after hours waiting for WHAT MUST BE, THE ONE AND ONLY PERSON IN THE WHOLE OF BT WHO WILL PICK UP A RINGING PHONE and who has seen and understood exactly what I asked for, what I wanted and what needed to be done. I thought this lady was going to get everything sorted out for me. This seemed like it was going to be the perfect end to yet another call that went on for nearly THREE HOURS SOLID. Now says that as I placed the order with the Post office to contact them to sort it out, PO say Open Reach have given them the date of 28 April

checkanote_uk

Sorry for any errors, just geeting so fed up with BT that I really cant be bothered to even spell check this now.

More when not so angry with their arrogance.