cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer line to different person and convert it to residential?

blitheringeejit

Hi: I have a Business Onebill account covering two lines, and due to a change in premises use, I need to transfer one of these lines to another person, who will take it on as a residential account in a different name. The new person's residential address is the same as the location of the line.

I've tried calling BT's Business help but I couldn't work out from the robot call-routing system what option to select.  The option I did select kept me waiting over 15 minutes, then I had to give up.

Please help?

1 REPLY 1

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I would first check that there is not an outstanding contract on the Business line, you can do this by contacting Billing with the telephone number and account number through the contact us page. If you cancel the line (another person takes it over). Then you are canceling your contract with BT Business, you would then be subject to any early termination fees.

You can then ask your friend to contact the residential Sales team to see about taking over the line on a residential package in their name.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.