cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble viewing our website

TJ

Hello,

I've just uploaded the files for our website http://chepstowconservativeclub.org.uk/ and get this msg when I try to access it:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server."

It runs asp files with access database. I have set all permissions (user, group, others) to r,w,x.

What is wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dave
Guru

Firstly, default.asp is not one of the valid default pages set on the server so the browser is not looking for this file but is instead trying to list the contents of the webspace leading to the forbidden message.

You can rectify this by creating a .htaccess file with the line DirectoryIndex default.asp

Upload this to your public directory and it the browser will then find the file.

With regards to the ASP not being enabled error, it does have to be specifically enabled. To do this, go into the Website Centre and go to Site Builders > Windows Services > ASP

If you do not have this option then your package doesn't support it and you need an upgrade to the Advanced package.

Message Edited by dave on 07-05-2009 09:56 AM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chantale
Master User

Hey TJ

The reason your getting this error message is because you have no index page. The only page that has index is old_index.phtml. 

TJ
My "index" file is default.asp. Does it have to called index.phtml?

TJ

I changed the file, and now I get this:

This domain is not configured for this service. Please contact the webmaster to have it enabled.

Any suggestions?

dave
Guru

Firstly, default.asp is not one of the valid default pages set on the server so the browser is not looking for this file but is instead trying to list the contents of the webspace leading to the forbidden message.

You can rectify this by creating a .htaccess file with the line DirectoryIndex default.asp

Upload this to your public directory and it the browser will then find the file.

With regards to the ASP not being enabled error, it does have to be specifically enabled. To do this, go into the Website Centre and go to Site Builders > Windows Services > ASP

If you do not have this option then your package doesn't support it and you need an upgrade to the Advanced package.

Message Edited by dave on 07-05-2009 09:56 AM