cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unused telephone lines

SJDK

I have a number of potentially unused lines (it is an old heriteage site) which I wish to stop paying rental for.  BUT - I want to ensure that these lines are really not required first - can I "stop" as opposed to "cease" the lines first, and which email address can I use to communicate this to BT (as I do not want to enter them all individually).

Many thanks for any help

1 REPLY 1

Tracey
Guru

Hi SJDK,

We do not provide a stop facility.

Our lines are supplied to us by openreach. When a customer no longer requires a line and the customer stops paying us, we cease it with Openreach. We stop paying Openreach and it reverts to their stock and they may reallocate the line to any other customer at anytime. (Even though the physical wires to the customers premises remain intact the line may be rerouted to another customer at any point in the path from the exchange to the customers premises.)

Customer can stop use of the lines by having call barring applied but will still need to continue to pay for the line rental until the lines are ceased.

Hope this is of help

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.