cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail

nigex

I received 2 notices telling me my mailbox was full, even though me machine's email client only downloaded 45 emails, and only one od those had an attachment. I logged on to webmail and found 40 pages of sent and deleted mails.

To remove them, I had to delete each deleted email, individually. I had to individually delete the sent mails, and then go to the deleted folder and delete them all again. That's more than 600 times.

There's no  way of selecting all the items on the page and deleting them all at once. There's no way of deleting the entire folder. There's no way of deleting a sent message and avoiding having to delete it again from the deleted folder. In short, this is a time vampire, and extremely difficult to work with. Can this be remedied?

Bonus problem : if someone distracts you when you're typing an email using webmail,  it times you out and only tells you *after* you've clicked Send. Your email is lost and youhave to do it again.

BT, this is Noddy stuff which was solved before time began. Please make this stuff simple to use, without having to fight it all the time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alastair
Grand Guru

in response to the deleting items thing:

you can delete all on a page. click the first in the list so it is highlighted. go to the bottom one while holding the shift key and click it. they will all be highlighted. press the delete key on the keyboard.

although you do have to do the deleted items folder there is a button called "empty deleted items" does what is says

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

alastair
Grand Guru

in response to the deleting items thing:

you can delete all on a page. click the first in the list so it is highlighted. go to the bottom one while holding the shift key and click it. they will all be highlighted. press the delete key on the keyboard.

although you do have to do the deleted items folder there is a button called "empty deleted items" does what is says

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

WilliamA

Hi nigex,

I've referred your comments onto our BT "email" team. I'll post their response as soon as I receive it.

WilliamA.  

WilliamA

WilliamA

Hi nigex,

The experience you get is different depending on whether you are using Internet Explorer or some other browser.  The experience is richest with Microsoft Internet Explorer.  

If you navigate to Manage Internet Services -> Manage Email licenses you can increase your mailbox size to 250Mb from the default of 50Mb. 

With Internet explorer you can delete multiple items by clicking the top one and then holding down shift and clicking the bottom before clicking the X delete icon. 

There is also an option to empty the deleted items folder behind the Options button at the bottom left of the screen.  Navigate to Options, scroll to the bottom and pick Recover Deleted Items -> View Items and then, if required, click Permanently Delete. 

In relation to the timeout issues, for security reasons Outlook Web Access will close the connection after a period of inactivity. This can be extended by selecting:

a)      ‘Remember Me’ if logging in via myoffice.bt.com

b)      ‘Private Computer’ if logging in via email.btconnect.com

Here's a couple of BT Business email help sites that you may find useful:

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7531/c/2048,2049,2053,2073 

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7109/c/

I hope this helps.

Regards,

WilliamA
Message Edited by WilliamA on 21-08-2009 04:18 PM

WilliamA

nigex,

Further info...  A BT colleague, Jpdenison,  has created a screencast showing how to carry out the instructions above. It can be viewed at:  http://screenr.com/jXs   

I hope this helps. 

WilliamA

WilliamA