cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi on Business Hub 3 dies after a week or so

Albertosaurus

We have BT Business Hub 3.0 router running software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.77 (Type A) on Infinity 40/10 service.

After about a week, the WiFi station remains visible but it is impossible to connect clients. They say 'connected' but use an Autoconfigure (169.) address instead of the 192.168.0.x expected.

The router remains connected to the internet and clients connected to the wired LAN ports continue to reach the internet. Port forwarding etc still work. Only the WiFi appears dead.

If we simply restart the router the WiFi works again. Most annoying.

Is this a common problem?

A/

4 REPLIES 4

Ixel
Power User

I don't have this issue, however perhaps it could be because my setup slightly differs in that I have a seperate DHCP server (for example). Sounds to me like it might be a faulty hub in my view. I have also turned off 'Automatic channel selection' for wireless and chose a specific channel which I found had least communication activity on. I found the automatic channel selection option gave me some problems with connecting to wireless after a day.

MHC
Guru

Not common but happens to some devices ... and not just BT hubs.    I have seen a similar situation with various other hubs from different manufacturers - sometimes a replacement sorts it other times not.

Call Tech support when it is in that state and take them through the problem.

Albertosaurus

Thanks MHC. I'll see when it happens next.

Albertosaurus

Thanks, Ixel.

FYI, the problem was occurring with the WiFi channel set to '4', not Automatic, and I'm sure channel 4 was clear. I have since set it back to Automatic but don't expect an improvement. I will update you on developments.

BT managed to send three BH3s for one order so I'm not short of spares if the unit is faulty.