cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 years of bad broadband. 2 years of complaints. 2 years of completely terrible customer service.

johno7725

Moved into a property Dec 2013. Had to have an engineer visit due to line problem. Was told by engineer to expect to get more problems a service/junction box too damaged he could not get into it0 and that Rain was  pouring into it.

Phoneline been fine but broadband rubbish. Had new router sent, upgraded to fibre optic. Currently running at the mega download speed of ...... 1.46mbps!!

Quality of speed seems to correlate with bad weather. Summer - decent speed..   winter/rain .. barely any service.

Given up phoning broadband complaints. Have spent hrs and hrs on phone to them over last 2 years. They check it.. they agree its bad.. they move it to level 2.. Level 2 check ..oh its improved..ring back if any more problems... Ring back again week after when bad again and go through same scenario. One adviser said it was so bad he couldnt do their own checks properly and he would make sure he stayed on my case till resolved.. never heard from him again.

This is the last chance for the BT advisers reading this to sort the problem...and for BT to dig into their pocket and pay for an open reach engineer else i will cancel the service.. Yes i know i am back in contract after upgrading to fibre optic... however, i upgraded and renewed contract as you advised that the upgrade would solve the problem.. it hasnt and i still some times have to use my o3 payg dongle when BT service is too slow.

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi johno7725,

Is it a business or home broadband line you are having an issue with?

If you go to this complaint article you will see there is a link to BT Business complaint escalation form.

if you fill this in, it will go to the correct complaints department for your case to be picked up and looked at/fixed.

Markp

murraya

Please see my post above...we have had no broadband for three months...as you say hours on the phone to no avail, dreadful service if that is what it can even begin to be called.  When it does work dreadful speeds of about 1.1Mb/s if you are lucky.  We endured 3 months of roadworks for them to install fibre only to be told now they are not connectiing us.

I am about to take our problem to OFCOM as I now consider BT to be in repudiatory breach of contract as well as their own Code of Practice

BBResearch

Hi Johno 

Did your issues get resolved in the end?