cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2701HGV-C Fibre router

celestrium

Hi there,

I have had a fibre router for a few months now with no real problems. I've just purchased a rental HD movie on the PS3 PlayStation store and every time the download starts the router crashes. This happens on both the wired and wireless interfaces and it's only happening with the movie download.

Does anyone know of this problem?

Do you know whether the router can be re-imaged with a firmware update?

We paid £4.49 for the movie and now we can't watch it. A speedy post would be much appreciated.

Regards

Celestrium

11 REPLIES 11

adamcheong

There is a bug in the router firmware.

Someone smart has come up with a workaround that avoids having to connect a device directly to the router and use PPPoE...

http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/161.htm

Scroll down to

History of 2+GB file download testing

The bug is in "Enhanced Services (Content screening & Access
controls)" it causes regular HTTP downloads of large files to "freeze"
midway and never finish. e.g. most movies and Games on the playstation store!!!

The workaround is essence is...

1. unplug the router
2. reset it to factory default (removing those "enhanced" services)

3. configure router offline... block the router from being able to contact BT's "Provisioning servers"

so that it can't download any BT services or updates (by setting up static routes to a local address that doesn't exist) ....Blocks all upgrades and communications between hub and BT motive.com servers.
4. reconnect and configure to connect as normal

Quite clever really whoever thought that one up!

It works!

I'd say this is for "advanced users" only but is a GREAT alternative to buying another router.... and can be quite easily removed again if they ever sort out the firmware to fix this problem....

There were rumours of this being fixed in some of the later v6 firmwares but sadly for me it was still happening on:

Hardware Version: 2701-100589-005
Firmware Version: 6.3.9.63-plus.tm

gugaguga
Power User

Great tip. I guess the next question here would be where would the users get the information like which public IP to set up the static route be. 

Possibly take down notes while the connection is automatic.