cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Assure - Known Limitations?

nickpiggott

Hello,

We have previously had an older BT Hub on a (very slow) copper DSL line. We had PPTP VPN successfully operating over that link.

We started an upgrade to a FTTP installation, with 4G Assure included. The fibre install was delayed indefinitely, but BT advised that we could use the 4G Assure service, and it is significantly faster than the DSL. 

However, the PPTP VPN has stopped working. Something is going wrong with the GRE packets in transit, and they're not making it between the server (Windows 2012R2) and the clients (Win10 and MacOS).

I've also tried implementing L2TP-IPsec and IKEv2, and both those are failing, also because it appears the packets aren't' travering the 4G link to the hub. I read elsewhere that L2TP-IPsec over EE is troublesome because of "hidden" NAT they perform on the 4G network.

Are these VPN problems known about? Are they 4G Assure problems, or BT Business Hub problems?

I do have other IP applications running on the server, and they can be reached successfully. It's just every variety of VPN seems to be having problems on thew new (4G) connection and/or BT Business Hub.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0