cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G assure and Bridge Mode

toomanylogins

We have just moved premises and while I'm waiting for the new line to be sorted out I assumed the modem would continue working using the 4G dongle. However I have checked and it seems that when you have the modem running in bridging mode you cannot connect via 4G.

Can someone confirm if this is correct?
Thanks Paul

5 REPLIES 5

joecity

From what I can see - this seems to be correct.  4g aspire will only work with the BT Hub and for devices connected to the hub.  Which is terrible - I have my home network setup on my own router as most business users do, and wanted BT in bridge mode, with 4g backup working in bridge mode as well.  Found this out after I signed up, which is very dissappointing.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi toomanylogins

I can confirm that is correct, the 4g assure will work only if set up correctly through a BT Business Hub 5 or BT Business Smart Hub. You can find out more about how to set up 4g assure here.

Beth

^BethM

Joseph691

@WestPenn Power wrote:

We have just moved premises and while I'm waiting for the new line to be sorted out I assumed the modem would continue working using the 4G dongle. However I have checked and it seems that when you have the modem running in bridging mode you cannot connect via 4G.

Can someone confirm if this is correct?
Thanks Paul

I am facing the samme isuee.

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Joseph691, 

The 4G assure won't work when the Business hub is in bridge mode. Also, the 4G assure is designed to only work in BT hubs. Not 3rd party devices.

I hope this helps,

^PaulC1

miamas

We just moved, and while I'm waiting for the new line to be set up, I thought the 4G dongle would let the modem keep working. But I checked, and it seems that you can't connect with 4G when the modem is in bridging mode. @myvikingjourney

Can someone make sure that this is right?
Thanks Paul