lac
lac

BT 2wire gateway (2700)

Does BT support the setup of web remote access on this router, also what is involved in setting a static IP address up. Thanks LAC
darkdjinn

Re: BT 2wire gateway (2700)

I think with the BT Business Hub, the technical helpdesk (0845 600 70 20 Opt 2) can help with setting up the router to allow remote access through it to another device on your network (port forwarding). They can definitely help with setting up static IPs.
As far as I know you cannot access the router itself remotely though.......

All the best with the configuration. I would give the information I have on how to set up the 2700 (for static IPs and to allow a remote connection through it) but I think it's better you go through the technical helpdesk to get it for purposes of liability.

I look outside and it's,
D.A.R.K
kevin5k

[ Edited ]
I am aware that you are unable to directly remote access your router as it has something to do with the routing rules setup and there is no way to change it.

For help in setting up Static IP addresses on 2700 BTHub, the link is provided:

How do I set up static IP?

*****Message edited to omit number*********

Message Edited by kevin5k on 12-22-2007 03:26 PM
Message Edited by Anna on 04-02-2009 11:40 AM
Cefnllys

Link doesnt work

BT Employee
Fiona

Hi,

A single static IP address will automatically be assigned to you, there are several help and support files to set up multiple static IP's.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.