cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Broadband will not support my BT broadband line

paulala

Having spent 2 days speaking to bt residential to alleviate problems with my BT business broadband, having been asked by BT business support to get them to fix things (as they said I had a line problem despite having dial tone),

I could go no further so went back to BT broadband (as its my broadband that doesnt work) and was treated to this:-

Kirsten: Hi, my name is Kirsten. I am reviewing  your question.

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: Hi Paula

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: How can I help today?

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: bt business broadband is at fault

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: dropping and slow

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: need engineer site visit

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: Okie doke. Is it on *********

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: yes it is

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: So that I can help you, can you please confirm the company name, address, post code and security answer -What's your mother's maiden name?

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: **********************

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: 

Excellent. Can I take a mobile contact number for you please? My boss likes to text customers after we've sorted your issues out to make sure our service is tip top for you, and I 'd really appreciate any feedback you can give me!

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: ****************

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: Thanks Paula. What model of router are you using?

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: business hub 3

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: Are you wired into it or wirelessly connected?

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: both

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: I can see a case was opened online which says We found a potential fault with your telephone service. This may be affecting your Broadband connection.

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: Is your phone line with BT business too?

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: no it is unused and bt home

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: Ah okay. You'd need to give BT home a ring on 0800 800 150 and get the phone line fixed. Once the phone line is fixed, the broadband should pick up it's pace and start working properly again.

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: Before we finish, is there anything else that I can help you with Paula?

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: i have spent 2 days talking to them, they will help no further since i have dial tone

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: They will need to help you as there's a fault on the line. I'd suggest going back to them and if they refuse to help, ask to speak to a saupervisor

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: Supervisor*

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: i have been to every supervisor  i can get no more help from them

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: I'm sorry to hear that. You'll need to persevere as the broadband runs on the phone line and the phone line is faulty.

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: the dial tone is fine. voice services work fine. they will not help any further

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: They should definitely help you. If you had a business phone line, coming up with a business phone line fault, we'd help even if you had a dial tone.

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: i have spent 2 days and escalated to the top they will not help me any further

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: need site visit

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: They will be able to arrange that for you.

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: they will not arrange it

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: voice works fine

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: broadband does not

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: broadband is business broadband

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: need business broadband site visit

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: I'm really sorry Paula. I don't really know what else to say to you at this point. You've got a faulty phone line. If the phone line was with BT Business, I could sort that out for you, but your phone line is residential. The broadband needs a fully functioning phone line to work so until your phone line fault is fixed, there's nothing we can do on this side of things.

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: I'd suggest giving the residential guys a ring and asking them to fix it for you.

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: they will not help

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: If I send a broadband engineer out, he'll just say there's a phone line fault (which he won't be trained in) and then he'll leave, and you'll be charged for a wasted visit

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: i am now in the situation where i need to spend the next 2 days escalating with bt business just as i have done with bt residential

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: So the only way forward it to speak to the residential guys

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: please escalate

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: please send engineer and if i am charged that is fine

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: Escalating here won't fix anything as we can't do anything in regards to your phone line Paula.

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: I can't do that as there's no broadband fault, just a phone line fault.

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: Kirsten: If I send a broadband engineer out, he'll just say there's a phone line fault (which he won't be trained in) and then he'll leave, and you'll be charged for a wasted visit

chat_enduser_message.png

paula livingstone: please do this

chat_agent.png

Kirsten: I can't do this sorry. As we're going round in circles, I will need to end this chat now. If you follow my advice and contact our residential team, they will fix this for you. Thanks for contacting BT LiveChat, it's been a pleasure speaking with you and I hope you have a great weekend 🙂

chat_alert.png

Kirsten has disconnected.

What is it with these people???

Is there any situation where BT broadband support will actually help when the service is delivered over a residential line??

3 REPLIES 3

paulala

So I decide to give it one more go

I**bleep**a (Responding)
 I**bleep**a: Hello. I'm I**bleep**a.Thanks for that information, I'll check it and get back to you in a moment.
 I**bleep**a: I’m sorry to hear that, I’ll look into this straightaway.
 I**bleep**a: Can you just confirm a few bits of information so I can look into your account please?

• Are you the account holder?

• Your full name?

• Your account number?

paula: yes paula livingstone don't know my account number
 I**bleep**a: You can give me your phone number.
 paula: *************
 paula: as i said before
 I**bleep**a: Thanks for that information.
 I**bleep**a: In the event if we get disconnected from the chat, may I have the number to call you back? (preferable mobile)
 paula: ************
 I**bleep**a: Thank you

I**bleep**a: I'll be back in 2 mins.
 I**bleep**a: Paula do you have broadband service with BT?
 paula: yes bt business broadband
 I**bleep**a: "Sorry, I can only help with home accounts. You can get hold of the business live chat team at bt.com/business/contactus

Or I can call you and put you through to them?"
 paula: i have tried
 paula: they will not help me
 paula: as they say there is a problem with the line
 paula: and since it is a residential line 
 paula: i need to speak to you
 I**bleep**a: On the phone number you have given me, there is only phone service and no broadband service.
 paula: it is a business broadband service
 I**bleep**a: So I need account number or phone number for that business account.
 paula: ************
 I**bleep**a: The number you have given me is a residential account and only for phone service.
 I**bleep**a: That is not a business broadband account number.
 paula: yes it has a business broadband service on it too
 paula: yes it is
 I**bleep**a: may I have the address on your business account?
 paula: *********************
 I**bleep**a: Let me check.
 I**bleep**a: Paula I'm sorry to inform you that I'm unable to find your business broadband account as I don't have access to business account.
 I**bleep**a: Our business team can only help you with it.
 paula: ok thats fine thanks bye

paulala

So BT Business broadband!!  Where do we go from here ???

thesilverfox

As far as I understand you have to have Business Broadband on a Business Line. That's what I had to do anyway when I moved my office to home. They converted my phone line to a Business Line and then added Business Broadband to it. They wouldn't add Business Broadband to it when it was a residential line.