cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Billing problems never get resolved

hubertda

This is now a matter of desperation. I've phoned up several times, and been on the phone I reckon about 2 hours in total. Our Financial Manager has BT Business Broadand at his home address, paid for by the company. He recently moved house, and we transferred the Broadband to his new address. However, now for some reason we are being billed for BT PC Backup 1GB, which we never had before and never ordered & don't want. I cannot get anyone to credit this, and when I phone up I just get passed from one department to another. I can't waste anymore of my valuable time on this. We now have a red reminder bill. I expect we'll get cut off soon, because I won't pay for this service we never asked for in the first place! As a group we spend several thousand pounds a year with BT. I will do everything in my power now to move everything I can away from BT as I cannot believe how difficult it is to speak to anyone there with the authority to do anything. This particular problem is only a small amount of money, but it is impossible to get it resolved

5 REPLIES 5

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I'm sorry you are having problems with your BT Business Broadband account and PC Backup. If you can please private mail me your information and customer account details i can ask someone from BT PC Backup to look into this for you.

Kind regards

Fiona

BT Business Forumn Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

feduprob

Hi, I have the same responce from BT... Letter to complaints department after a total of 18phone calls and 5.2Hrs of my time::

In September of 2011 I complained to BT about the speed of our internet and irregularity of speed on line <edited by Moderator, please do not post account/line details>

It was not sorted out properly but was usable , we could sort out most of the problems by rebooting the router,
this we explained to BT, they did nothing.  As it was just about usable we did nothing more about the problem until
24th February 2012 when the problems became intolerable.

The speed and irregular service started to deteriorate at the beginning of February, it became a problem by the 22nd
we made a complaint to BT on the 24th. This triggered a string of events that has still not been resolved.

24th. Complaint to BT, engineer will call us back.
26th Another phone call to BT no call back by the engineer was made. We were told engineer will call on 29th February am.
29th  Engineer called. He was in contact with Mr Steve Isles at the premises in Ipswich. The engineer from BT openworld
informed Mr Isles that we were on domestic service only. Mr Isles tried to tell him we were a business line, the engineer did not accept that.
The engineer informed Mr Isles that they had Re-profiled the line, and increased the 3db on the line to 6db.  Then left.
One hour after the engineer left I tested the line, it was worse than before. I enclose a history of speed tests on the line.
It quite clearly shows that it had degraded from an intermittent download speed of 8 to 12mg to 6.3mb and an upload speed of
between .5 to .93 to .32       This only occurred since the engineer had made adjustments.  The intermittency of the line was the
original problem going back to September 2011.

This was the start of our major  problems.

Calls to BT have been made on the 1st March, 2nd, 5th, 6th, and 7th.  some days we have made 2 to 3 calls.

I have been promised someone will call back, nothing happens. I have been told the line is faulty, nothing happens
on one of the latest call to BT I spoke to a person called Richard who told me the line was ok, I tried to explain to him
that it was probably intermittent but he insisted it was ok!!!

I also spoke to a Clint Waller who I understand is a manager who informs me that an engineer will call on
Monday the 12th March.  As a business user I find the actions and time scales unacceptable bearing in mind
that most of the problems we have now were initiated by an engineer, sent to resolve our original problems
on 29th February which we had called about on the 24th February.
Throughout I have asked why could the profile and db of the line could not be returned to it’s original setting before
the engineer changed it on the 29th February, all I am told is that it is within parameters.

The internet is an important part of my business now, by way of investment, contacting suppliers and
dealing on line. The computer in Ipswich connected to the internet is used as a server from my base in Cyprus.

As a contrast to the service BT in the UK provides us with, the service in Cyprus is far superior.
We have a stable 10mb download and a .95mb upload speed with little variation throughout the day,
As you will see with the chart enclosed this is not the case with BT.
We are provided with 5 email addresses, two telephone numbers and a 12hr fault service all at a cost of Eur30/month ( £25)

The listing on the BT site in My Account for our service is as follows
BT Business Total Broadband - Office Unlimited ADSL 2 (up to 20 Mbps) (1)
Great value broadband access - Up to 20M ADSL2+.
All service and billing is online and payment by Direct Debit only.
Broadband access
Web hosting
Email
'Always on' connection up to 20Mbps download speeds
BT Business Hub
24/7 business helpdesk support
Prompt Care
We have never seen 20mb and Promt care ?

Why am I confined to 6mb download and .3mb upload.

As you will gather I am not happy, and rather frustrated with the standard of service, promises by help desks that come to nothing, and my general feeling that nobody in BT cares.

mydearcosmo
Power User

Does this type of problem have been solved? I got the similar one and I just can't get on with it. I will try to PM you today if I still got time for that, but still preferred to be called.

Dani2909

You have my sympathy as I am going through a similar problem which has been going on since December and I, like you, am in business and have spent hours and hours phoning BTonebill to sort out what appears on the outside to be a simple issue but we have the situation when computers become involved the problem cannot be resolved. I have received red letters, messages appearing on my computer screen from BT BRoadband to say that I will be cut off if I do not pay my bill which has supposed to have been transferred to our onebill account which we pay monthly on DD.

To explain - My Business Broadband was running on my Domestic line - due to the incompetency of BT in transferring the Broadband to the Business Line when somone in billing decided we were leaving BT and cancelled the Broadband which we were without for weeks. I eventually gave up on trying to transfer and asked them to put it back onto the Domestic Line. 6 years on we decided we wanted to have BT Sport on our Domestic Line to be told we couldnt do it as we had the Business Broadband. I then arranged for BT to set up an independant Broadband on the Business LIne so we had 2 Broadbands running simultaneously so I could be sure the Business Line Broadband was running properly before we turned off the Broadband on the Domestic Line - Technically all worked perfectly - although the speed on the BT Business dedicated line is slower than the Domestic Line!).  

I then cancelled the Domestic Broadband and here is where the BT billing computers have gone into melt down. All for a broadband that was transferred from a Domestic line to the business line which after lots of promises that the problem would be resolved i have now received an invoice again this morning for a broadband that I do not have. I cannot fault the staff that I have talked to as they have tried their best - however they have still not sorted out my problem. I am now trying to get through to One Bill and the number is engaged - I really do despair and would like to charge BT for my wasted time trying to accomodate the shortfall in their systems. 

ScottHawks

BT BUSINESS.

I signed up last autum to bt business broad band. I was cold called by a member of your team who sold me a package which contanied unlimited internet, line rental, 100 minutes to mobiles and a bt hub 5 for £25.00 plus VAT a month. BT Have since been charging me around £60.00 a month, I have been phobbed off the the hub 5 doesn't come with business broadband and have been given a hub 3. I have complained but no one rings me back, I'm still being billed way over what I agreed to, and I haven't even been given my account number. I have recevied no paper bill since entering into a contract with BT and so I do not know my account number and cannot seem to get anywhere with anyone! 

I wish to be refunded the amounts I have been overcharged by BT over the past few months and to have this contract terminated. BT have failed to provide what was promised, I wish to deal with a more professional company.