cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Broadband IP Stream Home/Office 1000 and Home Hub 5

mark373737

Hi all,

Originally posted this on BT Residential so now reposting in the correct place!!

Need some help..going mad with this issue.

I live in a rural area and have had BT Business Broadband for about 6 years. It was paid for by my
employer and so I never saw a bill. I used to get 1.4Mbps connection and it was reliable.

My new employer will not pay the bill so in June I asked for the billing address to be changed.
Actually this ended up with me being effectively a new customer on a new tariff.

On the day of the change, I had to swap my Home Hub 3 for a Business Hub 5 sent to me by BT.
Ever since then the connection speed is never more than 1.0 Mbps and goes down multiple times a day. I have put
the Home Hub 3 back in but makes no difference. BT cannot find any faults despite multiple visits.

However my latest engineer told me yesterday two new things.

Firstly my Profile is BT IP Stream Home/Office 1000 which he says is not suitable for me. Firstly I'm now capped at 1MB and secondly if I dont get  the 1MB then it goes down. He says also that most people like me who are 5km from the exchange should be on IP Stream Max which allows roaming from 288kbps to 8Mbps and all points in between. Is he right?

Secondly he says that he has not seen a BT Business Hub 5 being used on a non-Infinity line. Again is he right
, should I switch back to the Home Hub 3 and how do I get my profile changed to IP Stream Max?

I've had 5 months of interrupted service, resullting in many lost hours of work so reaching the end of my tether!

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi mark373737,

if you can send me your line details via  a private message I can get the account/profile looked at for you.

Markp