cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Hub 3 (VPN + GRE)

shoey79

Hi,

Firstly, I've looked at all other posts etc and cannot seem to find the answer.

A company that I look after had to replace their Business Hub, I set all the rules required however VPN PPTP fails to connect.

All the ports are enabled however the logs appears to be showing that "GRE" is being rejected.

We have 1 Static IP address that is assigned automatically.

I've tested the VPN internally and it works fine, externally it will establish a connection and get to "verifying username and password" after which an ERROR 806 is returned which seems to match with GRE being blocked.

We had no issues with VPN what so ever on the old business hub (old old one!) but this new one seems to be full of issues.

Can anyone tell me how to get this to work? I cannot see any option to allow these protocols.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bradbiss

Had this issue myself after installing BT Business Hub3 at a client.

In addition to creating my own Port Forwarding rules that were required. The in-biult one of PPTP as MarkP has suggested forwards the 'protocol' that is needed for GRE packets. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

PCMagic

Did you resolve this?  I'm having the exact same issue!

PCMagic

I figured it out, it's OK!

playback

Can you please tell me how you fixed this? I have been scratching my head for day, need to get VPN and remote acces sorted but its proving near impossible!

Thanks 🙂

l33h4ll

I have the same issue, please could you share how you resolved the issue.

TIA,

Lee

markp
Grand Guru

Hi All,

If you have the Business Hub 3 and your VPN needs GRE, there is a port forwarding rule already created for 

PPTP, which will open up the correct ports for your VPN.

Regards

Markp

bradbiss

Had this issue myself after installing BT Business Hub3 at a client.

In addition to creating my own Port Forwarding rules that were required. The in-biult one of PPTP as MarkP has suggested forwards the 'protocol' that is needed for GRE packets.