cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Hub 6 - PPTP passthrough

Mandoman

Does anyone know how to set up the BT Business Hub 6 for PPTP passthrough? The earlier BTB Hub 5 had a built-in list of apps, one of them being PPTP Server, which once loaded and pointed at your server, allowed Remote users access via Windows built-in PPTP vpn. This later hub has no built-in apps and I can't get the vpn to work.

2 REPLIES 2

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Mandoman

Hope you are well. I have had a word with our IT support team and they have advised that if you open ports 47 and 1723 for the PC  hosting the VPN you should be able to utilse PPTP passthrough. They also tested that on a crash machine to make sure that works, so you should be able to set that up on the SmartHub. 🙂

Regards

Ryan

Mandoman

Thanks for the info. I know about opening port 1723 and that is easy to do on the BTB Hub 6, but I believe the port 47 is GRE 47, not a normal port, and the hub 6 does not have any option for setting GRE ports. My understanding of it was that the buil-in PPTP Server app included with BTB Hub 5 opened 1723 & GRE 47 for you. I can't understand why BT haven't included those built-in apps on the Hub 6