cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Smart Hub Removes MAC addresses from already setup port forwarders

Weazel91
We have a software VPN solution in our office which outside workers use to get into the network.

We have all necessary ports forwarded on our BT Smart Hub and it works well.

Ocassionally though our VPN connections will stop and when I go into the Smart Hub I realise that all the MAC addresses have mysteriously been deleted from the BT hub. This has happened a fair few times now. All other port forwarding i.e. that for our web server etc are all still populated but ALL the ports that are for our software VPN connection have the IP/MAC address fields empty.

Why is the Hub doing this and how do I stop it? It's annoying our employees aswell as myself having to retype the IP address to populate the MAC address of the server every week or two.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Weazel91

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. This is actually a known issue on the Hub 6, and there is fix being implemented which should be in the next router update. In the meantime, I have been advised by our 2nd line team that if you contact our Helpdesk in regards to this issue that we may be able to provide a Hub 5 which should no thave this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully this one will be resolved ASAP!

Regards

Ryan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Weazel91

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. This is actually a known issue on the Hub 6, and there is fix being implemented which should be in the next router update. In the meantime, I have been advised by our 2nd line team that if you contact our Helpdesk in regards to this issue that we may be able to provide a Hub 5 which should no thave this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully this one will be resolved ASAP!

Regards

Ryan

Weazel91
Hi Ryan,

Thanks! And great to know it's a known issue. Do you have a number for the help desk? We had a Hub 5 but since have got rid of it when the 6 came in, doh! Will this be provided for free?

Thanks,
Chris

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Chris

Sorry, I must have completely missed your reply yesterday! My apologies.

And as far as I am aware it should be free. If you ring 0800 800 154, that will get you through to our helpdesk, or you can contact us via Livechat here - when you come through I would mention that this is a 2nd line issue, as likely only the 2nd line team will have authority to send out a new router. I would recommend coming through on Livechat as if you ring in your may get through to someone who is not aware of this issue (it is not something that has come up too often, and the Livechat desk would have a bit more experience with issues like this one!)

Regards

Ryan

Weazel91

Hi Ryan,

Thanks. I have a hub 5 now delivered, for free, and installed with port forwarding setup and all has been working well for the past week! No having to re-input ip addresses, thankfully! So firstly, thanks for that!

My question now is how and when will I know that it is safe to put the hub 6 back into my environment? Is there a place where you post change logs to your hub firmwares that I can keep an eye on or somewhere that states when you roll out updates to your hubs? As with the issues I have been facing with irrate employees I do not fancy a "Trial and Error" method.

Thanks,

Chris

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Chris

Glad you got that Hub 5 sorted!

In terms of the Hub Firmware, I am not aware of any public page at all unfortunately, but I will ask around for you to see if I can get an ETA on the next update!

Regards

Ryan

Weazel91

Gent!

Thank you, it'd be most appreciated.

Chris

Weazel91
Hi Ryan,

Just wondered if you managed to find me a date?

Thanks,
Chris

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Chris

Sorry for the late reply! I was off on leave for a while there.

I was actually speaking with someone about this yesterday - someone a little bit more in the know than myself, and unfortunately even they were unaware of the next firmware upgrade. I would imagine it would be soon, but unfortunately at this moment in time I do not have a date or even an estimate to give you.

I apologise about that!

Regards

Ryan