cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business poor communication

nealblath

Hello

I have just had Infinity installed into my business premises. This took place yesterday (although it should have happened 2 days earlier) and I have no problems with the Infinity itself, its working great.

My problem is with the communication between BT Business and it's so called business customers.

When I signed up to upgrade to infinity from my old broadband, the sales person asked if I had a router and I told him that I had a Netgear N600 router working on my old Broadband.  He said great and he wouldnt bother sending out another hub for Infinity.

It wasn't till I was checking through the BT forums that I found out that my router was an ADSL router and wouldnt work with Infinity and that I needed a VDSL router.  So I bought a TP-Link AC1900 the next day in preparartion for the Infinity going live.

So yesterday, I received a text saying my Infinity would be live by midnight.  My old Broadband went dead about 10am yesterday and I struggled all day trying to get 3G connection on my phone to send emails etc.  It got to about 7pm and I was thinking I should have at least heard some progress by now and I remembered on one of the texts from BT it said I could track the progress of my order through the BT app.  So I struggled to download the app in an upstairs room where I can just about receive 3G.  After about an hour the app had loaded up and it said my order was complete!!!.....but my internet connection was still dead!

Eventually, I realised I had to input my old username and password that was in use on my old broadband into the new router settings and voila!!..........superfast braodband at last!

Surely someone should've contacted me at some point in the day and said everything was ready and then proceed to tell me how to get the infinity up and running!........ I could probably have been connected by lunchtime if an engineer had bothered to inform me everything was ready.

Very poor communication from such a very large company........It's not rocket science!

0 REPLIES 0