cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT HH 3 Port Forwarding/Firewall

KevAtkinson

Hi,

We've recently moved to BT Infinity and i've got a problem with the HH 3. If I set more than one application to 'port forward' to a single computer, port forwarding completely stops working for that computer.

Let me explain;

SERVER1 has FTP port forwarding setup on the HH3 to allow people to connect to it. It works fine. I then add a second port forward to SERVER1. The newly added port forward and the FTP stop working. Since I have a server in our radio station that runs 5 services (and used to work flawlessly with our Netgear router) this is a bit of a show stopper.

Once the above happens and forwarding stops - I have to delete the device out of the business network section, then go back in and re-add the port forward I need. This is terrible as some days I need to do this 4 or 5 times to access the different services from home.

Can I use our old ADSL Netgear on BT Infinity? Or can anyone recommend a fix? HH software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.82.1.1 (Type A) 

5 REPLIES 5

MHC
Guru

Can I suggest you try the residential forums rather than the business ones.     Very few here would even contrmplate using a Home Hub.

KevAtkinson
I got told I had to use the HH3 on our business line. Certainly didn't want to. What do other people plug into their Openreach modems?

Lee1010

I instll CCTV systems for a living and normally network those systems onto the internet through port forwarding. It works well in most cases but i now have three jobs where it will not work with hh3 can anyone tell me why?? I have jobs with other routers with static ip's they work fine its just hh3??

Lee1010

how rude

realitytech

HH3 are awful, use any modem that supports PPOE with Infinity and you'll be find, you DO NOT HAVE TO use the HH/BH