cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Hub5 connecting to Draytek 2925n VPN

brendenward35

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to get a draytek 2925n router to see the outside world on the static IP address. I've set the business hub 5 to briding mode but for some reason all I can see on the router is the original IP address 172.16 (setup by me) instead of the BT static address 217.45.

Has anyone got experience on how to correctly bridge the hub5 so the draytek can see the correct address?

One thought I have is to change the setting Static IP address from off to on (this is in the advanced settings) but I'm not sure what this will do to my current network. Does this have to be on for the static IP address to pass through?

Been trying to get this working for a couple of weeks and just banging my head against a brickwall.

Thanks

Brenden

4 REPLIES 4

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there brendenward35,

Once you put the Hub 5 into bridge mode, it is not longer a router and just a VDSL modem, so all IP/DHCP from the Hub 5 is disabled. The Device you connect into the hub 5 then needs to do the PPPoE connection and authenticate the line and it does all the DHCP and static IP addressing for the line.  If you have a single static IP, as soon as your own router authenticates on the correct username we would auto assign it the correct static IP, if you have manually configured this IP in your router this could be what is causing the problem.

Regards

Mark

brendenward35

Hi

I'm a bit confused if I have set the BT hub to bridge then it should ignore all the current settings like IP addresses I set on the BT hub, is that correct? The problem I have is the Draytek box is picking up the same IP address I originally had to the bt hub. 

"If you have a single static IP, as soon as your own router authenticates on the correct username we would auto assign it the correct static IP"  (I've tried this but kept getting to original IP from what I set on the BT Hub?), if you have manually configured this IP in your router this could be what is causing the problem.(do I go on the BT hub and change the IP address to static?)

Thanks

Brenden

brendenward35

Hi 

Just a thought when this box was set up the IP address was dynamic and not static, could it be that the BT hub5 hasn't picked up that the IP address has changed and updated itself?

brendenward35

Hi,

Fixed the issue, basically when i bridged the BT hub 5 I hadn't turned off dhcp so I reset the hub logged in switched off dhcp and wireless and then set to bridged mode and restarted. Went on to the draytek box used the PPPoe settings and bingo it worked.

Appreciate the help in pointing out dhcp had to be switched off as this was the missing link

Thanks

Brenden