cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Infinity - New and Exisiting Customer

althearose1

I tried to upgrade an exsiting line to BT Infinity but through my own error set up an entirely new line. This took over a month to set up due to failed engineer visits, (BT fault not mine).

The direct debit wasn't set up alongside the other two lines, and payment was due on the 8th November, on the 9th, BT sent a letter which arrived today telling me that my line would be disconnected - today. No warning at all.

When we called to query this we were told about the unpaid bill and paid it over the phone today. When paid we were told that a new line would be ordered as the other hadn't been blocked but disconnected.

I have written an email to complain, I haven't bothered to call BT as I had so much trouble calling the call centre about the problems with the initial set up.

I have been told that other customers have waited a month to have a line reconnected - is this possible for missing a bill date by three days? Surely, my account would show perfect payment history for the last twenty years, does this count for nothing?

We had only just paid to have our server switched to the Infinity line, now we have to pay to have it switched back to the existing line and then again when BT decides to reinstate the infinity line. The costs to my business from this and downtime run into hundreds of pounds.

Has anyone any advice? Other than to leave BT for a provider who values its long term customers?

1 REPLY 1

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

That's what's called a cease in error.

The Billing agent could have raised it as such for you to get the line back on quicker.

Give billing a call back and see if they can raise a cease in error for you.  It might need to go to a manager but be clear with what you want.

Thanks