cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Infinity "Waiting List"

majic79

So I moved premises at the start of December, and the phone line move went fine. The Broadband (BT Broadband Unlimited) took three weeks to get sorted out, including a cancellation of the original order by some tech called "Andrew" - thanks very much, I don't know why that was required, but you really put the kybosh on my chrimbo. Worse than that, at the time I'd started the migration, and up until the day before it was active, the upgrade page was patiently telling me "it'll be alright, we can upgrade to fibre when it's done" - same story I was told by the "moving premises" people. Now due to the fun and games with the original order and the continuously slipping completion date, some monkey cancelling the order and telling me "it'll take 5 working days guv" when I've already been waiting for a fortnight for the order, it looks like I've missed the fibre boat. What's worse, is that there's no alternative provider I can go to. Oh wait, it gets better, there's no forecast for when the exchange/cabinet will get a capacity upgrade, so now I've no idea how long I've got to put up with 2Mb/s broadband (a significant step down from the 16Mb/s I had previously and not a patch on the forecasted 66-80Mb/s fibre prediction)

Is there any information anywhere to say "here's the planned work, look, your cabinet gets sorted in XX decades!" or should I take it up with the regulatory body?

3 REPLIES 3

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

You can see if fibre is available here:  https://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Although this doesn't actually tell you if your cabinet has capacity, and you may never know that until you place an order.

You could go straight to Openreach : https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/superfastfibre.do and maybe request info about the cabinet in question.

What about 4g mobile broadband in your area : http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/why-ee/uks-no1-network/mobile-coverage

Thanks

majic79

Sorry spank, I thought it was implicit in the message - Fibre's available, been looking at sam knows/kitz, as well as looking at reports on the bt wholesale dsl checker (going from planned work on the 21st Oct while we were preparing to move, to "taking orders" and now "waiting list) for the fibre products. Mobile phone is a dead-zone - no service with anyone but EE (and even then, it's limited 3G availability), and I've no intention of paying for a  dongle except as a fallback option when the main service is live (which is an option, but I'd rather rely on the main connection instead of mobile fallbacks) - the data I chew through will make mobile data somewhat prohibitive. Been waiting three days to go through 30Gb of data so far - it's painful. On heavy months, i expect to chew through significantly more than that

Thanks for the link to openreach, I'll see if I can get in touch - how likely are they to tell me their plans for upgrading/expanding capacity in the cabinet?

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

Not sure if Openreach will give you any info to be honest, worth a try though.

What about fibre to the premisis or leased line?