Broadband
Get support for BT Business Broadband and wi-fi products including hubs and BTnet.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Frequently asked questions - Broadband

How do I do wiring checks? If you’re having trouble with your broadband, we recommend doing some simple wiring checks to find out what’s causing the issue. The checks differ slightly depending on what socket you have. Here’s a link to the guide for d...

BethM by Administrator
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

The new way to test your service

If you’d like to test your fibre broadband service without having to call us, we now have a new text service which can run tests without all the hassle - text Fault followed by your broadband telephone number to 60148. Your mobile will need to be reg...

sms.png
BethM by Administrator
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

SOGEA

Hi, I'm just looking for some advice. We have been advised where I work that we will need to switch to a BT Private line as the analogue is being disconnected from the cabinet which provides our connection. We were told by our supplier that this was ...

stuck on 40-10 profile

we recently changed from Plusnet business to Bt Business, we are on the Fibre 76 Essential + Digital Line package. we have been told our estimated line speed should be download 61-73 and upload 17-18. When the engineer ( not BT ) came to install it h...

hub technical info clean.jpg

BTNet Leased Line Wires-Only IPv6 Configuration

Hello: We have a BTNet Leased Line Wires-Only fibre connection, which we've been successfully using on IPv4 since its installation a few years ago.We now need to set up IPv6 on the connection - but we were never given a welcome pack with any IPv6 det...

Moisie by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

BT Business FTTC with static IP using Ubiquiti USG Router

Hi,Have a new broadband just set up with BT Business, Smart Hub 2 is in bridge mode to USG 3 router.The problem is the connection is made successfully but not picking up the static IP I have been allocated.I have been given a specific user ID and pas...

RL by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Static route does not work after BT Hub power cycle

Hi, I have created a static route in the BT Business hub which usually works as expected.However, when the hub is power cycled the static route stops working.  To resolve this, I make a small change eg. to the subnet mask so that the save button appe...

Orange light but working

Hi 1 week ago today vandals cut through the lines in the street, cutting off all BT telephones and internet on the estate.  For a few days we had 3 BT vans at the entrance to the estate reconnecting everyone.  Today my internet is working, I can brow...

Dibbley by Member
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

BT Business Smart Hub 3 DDNS and Firmware Issues?

I've been using the BT Business Smart Hub 3 since August 2023 and it has always been lacking in features and buggy. Because this was a newly released modem/router I stuck with it in the hope that firmware updates would cure the many issues but over 6...

Trouble setting Smart hub 2 in bridge mode for mesh wifi

I have Tp-Link deco x50 mesh wifi and want to use our new Smart hub 2 in bridge mode to act as a modem. This is for my local cricket club and we cannot afford to get a network engineer in as too costly. I seem to be able to put the Smart hub 2 in bri...