cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTBhub6 and Nest Thermostat

BTBHub6User

I have a BT Business Hub 6 and my Yealink T46S desk phones briefly drop their connections every 30-120 Seconds. I discovered that the drop out is caused by the Google Nest thermostat when it is connected to the WiFi. When I disconnect the Nest the dropouts cease. Has anyone experienced the same thing and if so have they found a viable solution?

5 REPLIES 5

BTBHub6User

It is frustrating to hear from the BT helpline technician that this is my problem due to the fact I am connecting a non-BT product to their hub. They even sell the non-BT product in their shop! https://shop.bt.com/products/nest-learning-thermostat---steel-t3028gb-DRR9.html

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi BTBHub6User

If it is only acting up with the Nest connected, and if it is connected via WiFi, I would recommend separating your wireless frequencies on the router and also changing your routers wireless channel. I am unsure if the agent on the helpline discussed this but if not you can find a guide on how to do this on the Hub 6 here.

If those measures do not resolve the issue, I would maybe contact someone on the Nest side to see what assistance they can provide, or failing that - if your router is in warranty we can try replacing that for you to see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Ryan

BTBHub6User

Hello Ryan,

I am not sure why separating the bands would help when the Yealink T46S Desk phones are not wireless. Anyway, I did it but as soon as the Nest connects to the wlan the phones drop their connections intermittently.

Does anyone else use a Nest Smart Thermostat with the BTBHub6?

@RyanJames wrote:

Hi BTBHub6User

If it is only acting up with the Nest connected, and if it is connected via WiFi, I would recommend separating your wireless frequencies on the router and also changing your routers wireless channel. I am unsure if the agent on the helpline discussed this but if not you can find a guide on how to do this on the Hub 6 here.

If those measures do not resolve the issue, I would maybe contact someone on the Nest side to see what assistance they can provide, or failing that - if your router is in warranty we can try replacing that for you to see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Ryan

BTBHub6User

So I connected the Nest to the 5 GHz band and the phones dropped their connection. I then tried the 2.4 GHz band but that had the same result.

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

That's definitely a strange one. The only other variable there would be the router itself - we could try replacing it for you, but I'll be honest, it may not make a difference. If there is support at Nest it may be worth contacting them, as by the sounds of it the issue only occurs when the Nest service is active.

If this is incompatible, it makes little sense why we also sell it on our store as you say - and that is something I will happily feed back for you.

Ryan