cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops out and crashes BT cloud phones

Greenpaul1

Hi, we had Bt broadband and BT cloud phones installed in March and ever since have had regular(sometimes several daily) drop outs that causes the BT cloud phones to crash and we have to restart. Sometimes this can be mid conversation. I understand that we are right at the end of the line from the exchange and have never had good broadband(always cuts out) and even when fibre came we still only achieve 6-7 mbs download and 0.5 -1.5 upload. Can anyone suggest a good solution please? thank you

5 REPLIES 5

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi GreenPaul1

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the drops in connection. It may be best to speak to our Technical team on 0800 800 154 or via Livechat which would be quicker, as there could be an actual fault on the line. If it is a case of dropping because there is not enough speed - there are also options of getting FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) or leased lines. They may not be suitable, but if you wish I can have someone get in touch with you about those. If you would like to hear more about those options just send me PM with a few details and I can arrange to have someone call you.

Kind Regards

Ryan

Greenpaul1

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your repsonse

I have enquired about a leased line but unfortunately it is far too expensive for a small business like ours at around £500/m. As far as i am aware the local cabinet was upgraded to fibre a year or so ago but because we are at the end fo the line so to speak we get slow upload speeds of 0.5- 1.5 mbps. I think this is what the BT cloud phone replies upon. Are there any other options available please? Is it possible to get another line and have broadband on that line so that the upload would effectively be doubled? Is that possible? Would that work?

I have called the support line a few times but it takes a lot of time to get through and when running a small business it is difficult. If you don`t have any other suggestions i will try and see if livechat can help

Many thanks

Paul

Bobby
Super User

Hey Greenpaul1,

There is the possibility of having two lines installed and having them bonded. The bonding process goes through a third-party company but the new line would be installed by BT. I'll give Ryan a shout and have him take a look at the post to give you a bit more information. 

Thanks, Bobby

Greenpaul1

Thanks Bobby

Benjamin889

@Bobby wrote:

Hey Greenpaul1,

There is the possibility of having two lines installed and having them bonded. The bonding process goes through a third-party company but the new line would be installed by BT. I'll give Ryan a shout and have him take a look at the post to give you a bit more information

Thanks, Bobby

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!