cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops out when the phone is put down

Rosie_SOI

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a problem with my business broadband where the connection drops out every time the phone is put down. It stays connected throughout the call but drops when the phone is put down - both the wired and wireless connections fail. As a business, we get a lot of calls so this means we're loosing the connection quite regularly.

Has anyone experienced this, or even better... has anyone managed to fix this?

Many thanks in advance for any help!
Rosie

3 REPLIES 3

Devon_dave
Is this a standalone Broadband line,? Are there any other extension sockets around your premises?

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Rosie

Apologies for the very late reply - I have been away from this forum but I am not back as a primary moderator. Have you managed to get this issue resolved?

If not, it could be potentially be a problem with filtering - if you have a microfilter connected that is splitting your phone and broabdand connections it may be worth replacing this. You can purchase filters for just a few pounds from most electronic stores, or even the likes of the big supermarket retailers - or alternatively we can send you filters free of charge, but they would take a few days to arrive.

It could also be, as the the above user has suggested, an issue with extensions. If you have extension wiring or are connected to an extension I would advise connecting to the main socket in your premises. If you find it works in the main socket then the extension will likely be at fault, and a local spark could sort that for you.

Regards

Ryan

Stacey1499

@RyanJames wrote:

Hi Rosie

Apologies for the very late reply - I have been away from this forum but I am not back as a primary moderator. Have you managed to get this issue resolved?

If not, it could be potentially be a problem with filtering -if you have a microfilter connected that is splitting your phone and broabdand connections it may be worth replacing this. You can purchase filters for just a few pounds from most electronic stores, or even the likes of the big supermarket retailers - or alternatively we can send you filters free of charge, but they would take a few days to arrive.

It could also be, as the the above user has suggested, an issue with extensions. If you have extension wiring or are connected to an extension I would advise connecting to the main socket in your premises. If you find it works in the main socket then the extension will likely be at fault, and a local spark could sort that for you.

Regards

Ryan

Effective and interesting post for reading, i really love it and waiting for updates