cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt Bussiness Broadband ...MASSIVE PROBLEM !

jov6

OK since storms 2 weeks ago that took out a lot of modems/kit in my area my business BB has had massive issues. Getting really frustrated now.
We have BT business infinity. We are virtualy next to the FTTC cab and were getting a solid 70M all day/night for the last 2 years.
Now it varies minute by minute between 1M and 70M  mostly around the 20M mark.
It is very bad (unusable ) between 7pm ish and 10am ish, Now this happened very suddenly after the storm.
It is affecting a number of properties in our village.
Openreach engineers have visited me 5 times in 10 days, no progress, had an SFI 2 days ago, another coming today. Openreach say the lines at/from DSLAM CAB are fine. BT can see the throughput is bad so keep rejecting open reach closure... I am stuck in the middle with bad broadband. HELP !!!
NOT CONGESTION
NOT JUST ME
Problem developed overnight. Cased managed now but getting nowhere!  HELP !!

9 REPLIES 9

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Jov6

Very sorry to hear about all those issues you are having. It sounds like you have really been through the ringer with this one. It definitely sounds very much like you have a fault on that line likely caused by the storm, like you say I doubt it would be just congestion of something like that. Evidently you have already contacted our helpdesk. As it has been an ongoing and persistent issue I would get back to them and ask them to raise a complaint for this if this has not been done already. They can then get someone managing that who will chase it up on your behalf.

If you haven't had much luck with the engineers and if they are not finding an issue, it could potentially be what is called a REIN issue where there is electronic interference with the line. This is very rare but it is just a thought if so many engineers are havig no joy fixing that for you. Or it could be the cabinet perhaps and a lift and shift of the line could be required - those are both thing and engineer would need to pick up on though.

I wish I had something more helpful to advise you of, but all I can really do is urge you get back to the helpdesk so we can perservere with this one and hopefully get a resolution for you, as you have a business to run at the end of the day!

I hope you can get this all sorted ASAP!

Regards

Ryan

jov6

Hi

I have had two lift and shifts, two visits from SFI engineers...... escalated with a case manager, but no joy...

now completlely dead BB....

jov6

Hi

I have had two lift and shifts, two visits from SFI engineers...... escalated with a case manager, but no joy...

now completlely dead BB....

jov6

Still no joy....up to 6 visits from engineers in 10 days !  NO PROGRESS

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Sorry this has been ongoing for you jov6!

It sounds like a bit of a nightmare one. If you PM me your broadband telephone number I can take a look on my end, to see what the engineers have done and how that line is testing. The faults team are best equipped to deal with this, but I certainly don't mind taking a look for you!

Regards

Ryan

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

It is also worth noting you can find out complaint escalation process here. So if a complaint has not already been made you can do so via that form.

jov6
Hi Ryan I have PM'ed you.

jov6

Well this has now reached CEO level at both openreach and BT, I will update this post soon as the potential outcome is to say the least mind boggling............... Can anyone point me to the SLA for BT bussines broadband ??

Bobby
Super User

Hey jov6,

There's no SLA for broadband as far as I'm aware, just phone lines. BT Business usually do aim to have any faults cleared by the end of the next day after they're reported, but this isn't always possible depending on the issue. It's best to keep in touch regularly with the complaint owner if you have any questions as they will be the best contact for your particular case as you've mentioned this has already been escalated internally. 

Thanks, Bobby