cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Hub 3 in Bridge mode.

stovesy

Looking to use the Business Hub 3 in bridge mode (using a FreeBSD based pfSense router)

Looking at the PPPoE setup I need to enter my Network Login Username, which is the email address looking thing I stick in the Broadband section of the router config. Also need to enter the password, again which I enter into the same section of the router config.

Seeing as my pfSense router is struggling to connect in bridge mode, I have a question or two.

1. Is the username and password the same as I would enter into the Business Hub ? I don't see why not, but I've a notion that there may be some authentication trickery in the Hub itself ?
  2. Is PPPoE the correct way to connect in Bridge Mode ??
  3. Are there any other reasons Bridge Mode conenction may fail ?

As anote, everything works fine currently in the normal router mode. I know there are ways around this issue too, but I'd like my pfSense box to do all the firewall trickers rather than the Business Hub.

Thanks...

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi stovesy

sorry for the delay in responding, with the Hub 3 in bridge mode, it turns the Hub 3 into a dumb modem to allow you to connect another router/firewall behind it, which  will connect to the hub 3 via PPPoE and you would just need to put the same username and password that the hub 3 would use into your own device.

Markp