cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Hub 5 versus Home Hub 5

SteveGantlett

What is the difference between a Business Hub 5 and a Home Hub 5 ?  If I change from a Business Hub 5 to a Home Hub 5 will I get a weaker wifi signal in my more distant rooms ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi SteveGantlett,

The only difference between the Business Hub 5 and the Home Hub 5 is that the Business Hub 5 is able to be used with public static IP ranges, where the home hub can't.  If you only have a single static IP or on dynamic IP addressing you will see no difference in the hubs they will work as normal aslo to be noted that should you have an issue with your business hu . The Bt business advisers are not trained on the home hub so help may be limited .

I hope this helps.

Markp

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

markp
Grand Guru

Hi SteveGantlett,

The only difference between the Business Hub 5 and the Home Hub 5 is that the Business Hub 5 is able to be used with public static IP ranges, where the home hub can't.  If you only have a single static IP or on dynamic IP addressing you will see no difference in the hubs they will work as normal aslo to be noted that should you have an issue with your business hu . The Bt business advisers are not trained on the home hub so help may be limited .

I hope this helps.

Markp

SteveGantlett

Very many thanks

Steve