cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Infinity 2 - High Latency

JJBMX

HI all, 

I run a business from home, hosting websites, and providing internet services, we were originally on BT Residential.

I upgraded for the Static IP (as i was pulling hair out with constant resync's and new IP's) and still face problems.

The problems im having, you could say are minor, but as people would understand, having the best ping time especially for hosting servers, and other internet services is a benefit.

BT Residential i was seeing pings of about 10-8ms, Pretty good right!

BT Business i'm seeing pings of 50-70ms.

Had 2 different engineers out, one was a install engineer, said contact BT as he thinks my line has a joint issue somewhere and he couldn't fix it as he was only overhead trained.

Rang BT up, Openreach Fibre engineer came out, credit due he spoke about what he was doing, but if he actually did it is another story.

Intermittent issues such as line drops, speed issues, latency issues have all been reported to all engineers that seem to not know what to do or how to diagnose the issue, but surely after 2 years of constant issues that have been reported, i would have thought someone would have picked up.

Can anyone recommend any suggestions for me to try? Resetting the HUB doesn't do anything, and im seeing horrendous ping times (well for my line) of 70ms+, almost the same as ADSL2 ping times!

any help is always much appreciated!

-JJ

0 REPLIES 0