cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Smart Hub MAC Address Filtering issue

gtwibell

I am no longer able to manually enter MAC addresses in the Home/Advanced Settings/Advanced Wireless/Configuration/MAC Filtering table where any of the hex pairs begins with a leading zero. For example I tried to add a new device with the MAC address 00:04:20:FD:2E:83 but what appears in the 6 fields is 0:4:20:FD:2E:83 which is naturally reported as an 'Incorrect Address' when I try to save it. This happens with several different browsers, all with Java and ad. blockers disabled.

In the past I have been able to enter such MAC addresses as evidenced by existing entries in the stored table. Pairs without leading zeros work fine.

Firmware version: SG4B1B008102

Firmware updated: 20-Nov-2017

3 REPLIES 3

gtwibell

Six months on and several new versions of firmware, but still this bug persists. Does anyone from BT technical look at the forums, or for that matter care?

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi gtwibell

Very sorry you got no reply, my apologies about that!

I spoke to a colleague in our 2nd line support team and we checked this out for you. On our end, we actually get the same error as you, where it only enters single digits in the first two fields when entering the MAC address. I am going to speak to a contact in our product team for you, but they are not in until after the weekend, so I will look into this for you and get back to you with more information on whether this is a glitch, or whether its a change in functionality in the Business Hub.

Regards

Ryan

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi again gtwibell

Just to give you an update I have spoken to our product team about this, and they have suggested a way of getting this to work. I am going to try that later today once I get a chance and if successful I will report it back to you 🙂 Fingers crossed!

Regards

Ryan