cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change phone exchanges but want to keep same number - how ?

glow-mania

I moved premises 2 years ago but wanted to retain my business number. I was told by BT that they couldn't simply transfer the number as I was changing exchanges.

As I was taking a new broadband and phone line cotract at my new address (2 businesses running from there) then BT could use some sort of IP forwarding so my original number could be diverted to an ip phone at my new address.  Outgoing calls from that phone are from 0503... but I can live with that as most calls are incoming.

I'm having loads of issues with BT Broadband so am looking to change supplier, but am happy to keep the 'phone lines and definitely need to keep my original number..

Does anyone know of a way I can retain and use my original business number without having to keep BT Broadband ?

My original number is 0161 485 .... and the extra line at my new address is 0161 998 .... (if it helps to identify the exchanges in question).

Thanks

Mark

1 REPLY 1

HowsThat
Power User

Hi Mark,

This is a fairly common issue and easy to address.  Yes you can keep your phone numbers where ever you move to and have broadband with another supplier.

Kind regards,

Stuart