cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes Between BT Packages

02robsonc

I don't currently use the amount of broadband usage (Unlimited) on my BT package and want to know what the process is for switching to a cheaper package with a smaller usage (40GB)?

Many thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES 6

sej7278
Super User

switch to option1 package which is 10gb i believe (might be 40gb like other isp's?) option2 is unlimited.

02robsonc

I know I'd like to switch to a different option in terms of my package but was wondering;

1) Is it possible to downgrade my BT phone/broadband package whilst I'm already in contract with them without having to pay charges to cancel my current contract and start the new downgraded one?

2) What is the process for going about downgrading my package if I can?

02robsonc

Thanks for your reply but I am aware of the different packages. What I would like to know is if I can switch between the packages? Specifically I want to downgrade to a cheaper package. I want to know if I can do this without having to pay charges on canceling my current contract in order to start up the new downgraded contract?

sej7278
Super User

dunno, best to phone sales i expect, but if you've not gone through your 24 month contract yet, i expect you're stuck.

klauzser
Power User

Yes, you can downgrade. It is not actually a downgrade, but it is like closing your unlimited package account and then reopen an account which is the cheapest package. This will cost you though.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

For any form of downgrade or cancellation you would need to contact the Customer Options Team.

If you call 0800 800 154 and select the cancellation option, or say 'business cancel' if it's the voice menu, then you'll get through to them.

I believe that there is a downgrade fee for broadband, but they'd be able to advise you on this.

Dave